Your security is
important to us
This policy is updated from time to time. The latest version is published on this page and was last updated on 7th May 2018.
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact us.
We gather and use certain information about our visitors in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on our website.
We also collect information to better understand how our visitors use our website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
What Data We Gather
We may collect the following information:
- Your name
- Your contact information (including postal address and email address)
- Your shopping preferences, wishlist contents and other shopping related information
- Website usage data
- Other information relevant to our customer enquiries
- and other information pertaining to special offers and surveys we may carry out
How We Use This Data
Collecting this data helps us understand what you want from us, enabling us to deliver improved products and services to you.
Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records
- To improve the products and services we provide
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry
- To customise the website for you
- To send you promotional emails about products, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you (we only do this if you have opted in to the Mesh Newsletter)
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions
- Identify whether you are signed in to our website. A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in to the site
- Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content
- Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting
- To recognise when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
However, please note that doing this may affect how our website functions. Some pages and services may become unavailable to you.
To learn more about cookies and how they are used, visit All About Cookies.
Controlling Information About You
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website, you may see one or more tick boxes allowing you to opt-in to receive marketing communications from us by email or text message.
If you have agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, you can change your mind easily by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation).
We will always hold your information securely.
To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards.
We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation).
Links To Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside the meshstore.co.uk domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.